Nomura talks Kingdom Hearts III, new outfits for Sora & Riku, link with KHχ, KH3D being considered & more
The latest issue of Famitsu Weekly, releasing on Thursday, September 25, 2014, is to include an article about Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX, containing an interview with the director of the Kingdom Hearts series, Tetsuya Nomura.
A summary of this interview has appeared online, and it covers Kingdom Hearts III, Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX and Kingdom Hearts χ. Some of the major points from this interview include that Kingdom Hearts III's development is on schedule, new outfits for Sora and Riku have been designed, that Kingdom Hearts III will link closely with Kingdom Hearts χ, among many other things.
Thanks to hokanko-alt for the original interview summary, and to translator goldpanner for kindly translating this into English, you can read it below.
This is a pre-release special feature including a review of all currently known info, play impressions, and an interview with director Tetsuya Nomura.
KH2.5 parts aside:
- when asked if reports that KH3 co-director Yasue spoke about Frozen overseas were incorrect, apparently not giving a clear yes or no meant that overseas some took it as fact
- choosing what to say you want to do as a new world for KH3 or at some other point in the future is difficult, they are highly passionate
- the conversation between the mystery pair is even longer, over 2 minutes
- Between KH2.5 and KH3 they want to leave the least possible time for fans who understand the developments of KHχ to get separated
- The scenarios of KHχ and KH3 are closely related, and are currently being written simultaneously
- They don’t want to leave KH3D out all by itself, so they are considering key things
- KH3 is moving along steadily and according to plan
- They are having issues creating the images because of the engine, but they are writing the scenario and selecting worlds
- Sora and Riku etc’s new clothes have been drawn up
- The Osaka team said Sora’s mobility was too high and he felt invincible (in his final stages of growth)
- Keyblade transformation/shape variations are turning out amazing
- They have various other projects outside of KH3, but thanks to all the offers coming currently they are going to respond to it first
- They plan to publish Nomura comments in the next issue too